Who would have thought that the number one reason to be pregnant is the same reason that got you knocked up in the first place?
After reading my last blog post my BFF Netty had this to say:
"The hands of my biological clock automatically fell off and my eggs have been scrambled...what a scare!!!
Hold your horses! Do. Not. Panic. It’s not all doom and gloom for pregnancy. Some of my baby mommas had rave reviews - o.k., so that might be stretching the truth - but they embraced and enjoyed pregnancy and all the changes that come with it.
Admit it, even the most cynical amongst us must confess that there is something pretty freaking awesome, if not downright miraculous about the child-bearing process. It must be an exhilarating and incredible high to give birth to a living, breathing human being. Oh, what power!
With that said, here are the 10 things that made pregnancy worth every bit of the havoc it wreaked on the perfectly sculpted bodies of my baby mommas!
10. Being pregnant gave me a new-found respect for my mom, instantly. I now know what it means to love unconditionally.
9. The somersaults inside me were such precious moments that the hip pains and sleepless nights were totally worth it.
8. The pain that comes with natural birth miraculously goes away once the baby comes out.
7. For every time that I was pregnant, each one was different but I was always fascinated by the wonder and joy that filled me, knowing that I was carrying a life.
6. There are no words to describe the love that you feel when your innocent and perfectly formed child looks into your eyes and smiles.
5. Being pregnant was actually very fun and there’s nothing like feeling someone move inside, responding to my touch and cuddling up under my rib cage.
4. You’ll realize that as much as you love your hubby there is a different, better, lovelier kind of love that exists with a life growing inside you! I can't explain it or begin to put it into words but what I will say is this: When it really hits home and that baby makes his first kick or any movement, then and only then, will you truly understand that being pregnant (no matter what it does to your body or your mood) is such a blessing and an amazing gift from God!
[Drumroll please! Confetti drop]
And the top three reasons are:
3. OH. MY. GOD. My sex drive was incredible! Who would have thought that the sex would have been so great?!
2. Hands down, pregnancy orgasms are the biggest and best ones you'll ever get! Hallejuah!
1. There is absolutely no question about it; sex during pregnancy is simply mind-blowing!
In the words of a dear friend:
“If you are in a position to embrace it and what it ultimately represents, then pregnancy can be one of the most BEAUTIFUL, SEXY and POWERFUL times of your life. You are the epitome of fertility. Everything about you physically changes, screams sex, reproduction and life. You are like a GODDESS deigning to share the experience with mere males and lesser mortals. The downsides are annoying but if your pregnancy is a good one, you can ignore them and RULE THE WORLD!”
Beyoncé says it best:
“Strong enough to bear the children then get back to business! Who run the world? GIRLS!”